The school medical officers provide routine medical treatment during the school hours. A qualified doctor visits the school Once a Month. All the minor ailments are treated in the hostel but the serious cases are referred to the reputed nearby hospitals. Parents are advised to get their wards vaccinated against Hepatitis B. The entitlement to a seat in the hostel to a student is subject to his being declared free from any infection or contagious disease by the Hostel Medical Officer.
All parents requested to impart Health Education to their children so that they.
- Maintain personal hygiene like trimming of nails and being neat on a regular basis.
- Exercise regularity.
- Sleep at least seven hours daily.
- Have a balanced diet, nutritionally rich in proteins and milk.
- Drink water which is either boiled or filtered.
- Avoid consumption of ice-creams, other milk products and eatables from road side venders.
- Deworm all children at least once very year Advice to be taken from the family physician.
- Get dental and ophtalmic check up every year by a dental surgeon and ophtalmologist.
- Immunise all children as per the schedule give below.
Oral Polio Vaccine – 1st dose
Hepatitis B Vaccine – 1st dose
|6 weeks||DPT – 1st dose
Oral Polio Vaccine – 2nd dose
Hepatitis B Vaccine – 2nd dose
|10 weeks||DPT – 2nd dose
Oral Polio Vaccine – 3rd dose
|14 weeks||DPT – 3rd dose
Oral Polio Vaccine – 4th dose
|6-9 months||Oral Polio Vaccine – 5th dose
Hepatities B Vaccine – 3rd dose
|9 month||Mesales Vaccine|
|15-18 months||MMR (Measales, Mumps, Rubella)
DPT – 1st Booster dose
Oral polio Vaccine – 6th dose
|5 years||DPT – 2nd Booster dose
Oral polio Vaccine – 7th dose
|10 years||TT (Tetanus) 3rd booster dose
Hepatities B Vaccine – booster dose
|15-16 years||TT (Tetanus) 3rd booster dose|
Student sufferingfrom any of the diseases like Asthma, Epilepsy,Rheumatic, Heart Diseases, etc. Are advised to be under continuous Medical supervision of a Specialist Doctor. History of their illness must be fillled up in the Diary along with the treatment being takem.
Encourage your ward to develop a healthy attitude towards the community and the nation.